Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Morning Thread

+8
jgl360
philcollins
Keith Mopar
mikes mopar
smoken340
GONEFISHIN'
Cookie-Monster
JGL
12 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Good Morning Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Good Morning Thread

Post by GONEFISHIN' Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:34 pm

beautiful bright sunny day yesterday - went for a ride and a drive with my wife & a couple of friends - north from London up to Goderich on Lake Huron - did some shopping and window-shopping, nice dinner at West Side Willie's in Goderich, sunset drive home - overall, a nice day.

glad to hear you guys are all feeling better
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

http://www.lylegarrett.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:10 pm

Lyle it sounds like your weather is a lot nicer than ours's, Temp today is a high of 1 but still snow all over and roads are a slushy mess.

Dan I hope they get your meds straightened out, you don't want to be cruising around when a nap comes on!

Good day all!
Keith Mopar
Keith Mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 pm

Keith, they already threatened to suspend my license temporarily. But I told my Doctor that it normally happens around the same time each day. I’m doing very little driving right now and there still making medication adjustments.
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:58 pm

Good evening 4 or so now I think. What a day I had put the seats in the Cyclone today and then got a tour of the home and shop/ old car guys museum. You guys would have been in as much awe as me I am sure, lets see if I can remember most of the cars. 58 vette, 63 split window vette, shelby mustang, fully restored willys coupe another cyclone a 65 falcon a 63 convert vette another cyclone. Theres more just don`t remeber all of them then if you like visible gas pumps like I do 4 of those fully restored, a few 40`s and 50`s pumps and all kinds of old signs pop buttons gas station signs and at the front of the shop is a 30 foot Texaco sign from the fifties. I got back to the shop around lunch and I was exhausted lol so much to absorb, didnt get much work done but sold a
Dart gas tank so what a great day! And I must also mention the owner is just a great guy plain and simple.
Have a great rest of the day
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 am

Dan take it easy until you can beat this thing and get the meds straightened out.

Reg sounds like you had a great day, that is defiantly what I wold consider a nice outing. This guy must have a nice sized storage building.

Nice day here was zero when I got up but I'm sure it won't last. I got the grill from the Cuda primed and the repair looks good and strong. Now onto the next broken section.

Have a great day!
Keith Mopar
Keith Mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:14 am

Good morning 5 and cloudy may get some showers later on. Keith I think if I were a guessing kinda guy I would put the shop at around 1200 sq ft with a mechanical room for the water heater for heated floor. Theres a laundry room and bathroom as nice as any home I have been in. What repair are you doing? On the plastic or metal? Hers a couple of pics of the CycloneGood Morning Thread - Page 11 31188410
Good Morning Thread - Page 11 60797110
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by GONEFISHIN' Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:55 am

Keith Mopar wrote:Dan take it easy until you can beat this thing and get the meds straightened out.

Reg sounds like you had a great day, that is defiantly what I wold consider a nice outing. This guy must have a nice sized storage building.

Nice day here was zero when I got up but I'm sure it won't last. I got the grill from the Cuda primed and the repair looks good and strong. Now onto the next broken section.

Have a great day!

Keith can you post pix of the grill - and products you're using? I want to do mine this spring. Also if you replaced screws/bolts, where did you source them?

Lyle
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie-Monster Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:27 pm

Reg!!! I think you need to go back and take a lot more pics so you can share. Stay positive Dan.
Cookie-Monster
Cookie-Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Maybe I`ll sneak this one inGood Morning Thread - Page 11 Afe5b710
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by jgl360 Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:34 am

Ragtacker wrote:Good morning 5 and cloudy may get some showers later on. Keith I think if I were a guessing kinda guy I would put the shop at around 1200 sq ft with a mechanical room for the water heater for heated floor. There's a laundry room and bathroom as nice as any home I have been in. What repair are you doing? On the plastic or metal? Hers a couple of pics of the CycloneGood Morning Thread - Page 11 31188410
Good Morning Thread - Page 11 60797110

I bet if you told that guy he's got a nice Comet and not a Cyclone you might be in a bit of a mess.
jgl360
jgl360

Back to top Go down

Post by jgl360 Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:03 am

Good, bright, sunny morning...for a change. We got about 10 CM of nice white, fluffy snow last night with temps of -3 and no wind whatsoever. It is already about +1. My health is improving every day...sure feel much better and it's about time.

I have decided to spend a bit more $ on the Dart and get some descent front brakes. Drilled and slotted rotors and hi performance brake pads...on a budget. Can't afford Willwood this century so I am open to suggestions. Would like to keep this bill under $300.00 .

Maybe new calipers and pistons too

Have a nice day!

Last edited by jgl360 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
jgl360
jgl360

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:42 pm

Reg, that's a nice Cyclone, but if I were going to own a Mercury, it would have to be a 65 Comet Calainte. Weather was nice here today, but they are calling for snow over night tonight and snow until around noon tomorrow.
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:48 pm

GONEFISHIN' wrote:Keith can you post pix of the grill - and products you're using? I want to do mine this spring.  Also if you replaced screws/bolts, where did you source them?  Lyle

Lyle my centre section was broken when I bought the car and it was tie wrapped in place. The 2 mounting ears were broken off but the broken pieces were still bolted in place. The car hasn't been on the road in at least 5 tears since I started redoing her and the grill was plastered with stone chips. I used 2 part lepages gel epoxy and glued the broken ears back on then gave it 2 coats of primer. I even hit it fairly good with my deadblow hammer and looks like the glue is holding. All the bolt hardware is original but I have lots of spare bolts from a car I stripped at heavy metal auto wrecking.

My repaired grill
Good Morning Thread - Page 11 Grill110

One of the metal tabs glued on.
Good Morning Thread - Page 11 Grill210

Other tab glued
Good Morning Thread - Page 11 Grill310
Keith Mopar
Keith Mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Plus have a good day all, Nice day here high of 5 but still lots of white stuff on the ground.
Keith Mopar
Keith Mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by GONEFISHIN' Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Looks good, Keith - looks like mine is all in 1 piece, just short a few screws/bolts
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

Back to top Go down

Post by jgl360 Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:36 am

GONEFISHIN' wrote: all in 1 piece, just short a few screws/bolts

WOULDN'T touch that line with a 10 foot pole.
jgl360
jgl360

Back to top Go down

Post by jgl360 Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:50 am

MORNING, happy valentines day, specially to the better halfs... Almost lunchtime, sunny, bright but damn cold. Was -17 last night with a windchill of -28 but that is the airport temp and there it is windy when there is no wind anywhere else.
(Who has good effective brakes for our A-bodies?)
Have a great day and don't forget the flowers.
jgl360
jgl360

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:45 pm

Good day all. Nice here was 0 when I got up and no wind

JG are looking to upgrade your brakes or just looking for pads. I'm running SSBC (now out of business) on the Demon and Wilwood on the Cuda. The Demon stops like a champ, nice and straight. I haven't driven the Cuda with the new wilwood brakes on it, although I did have the large rotor 11.75 on it prior, I believe they came off of an St Regis.
Keith Mopar
Keith Mopar

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Thread - Page 11 Empty MOPAR GUYS

Post by GONEFISHIN' Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:08 pm

jgl360 wrote:
GONEFISHIN' wrote: all in 1 piece, just short a few screws/bolts

WOULDN'T touch that line with a 10 foot pole.

Lyle, are you bragging again. I’m sure you don’t have a 10 foot pole. lol
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:24 am

Good morning 6 and pouring rain. Found a good used dehumidifier online yesterday so thats in the garage and working, next is a wireless security system for the garage. I have cams now but they are wired and to far away to get any fine details this new system will be wireless and inside the garage with a remote pvr in the house. I am not sure about you guys but the crack heads are starting to run freely around here and are pretty much low priority by the cops. JG I have been thinking about doing disks too but I am going to put them on the back only because the Cragars don`t mix well with disks on the front so I have been told.
Have a great day
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie-Monster Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:52 am

Finally a break from the rain today. I had cragars on my 71 mach 1 with front discs and never had an issue and my buddy has the same on his 73 grande coupe mustang.
Still fighting this flu with mild bronchitis. A little family day holiday happening here tomorrow.
Cookie-Monster
Cookie-Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:59 am

Good morning 1 and clear. Ya Cookie I have heard some are ok some arn`t so I am going to call Willwood and Cragar and see if I can get an answer from either. Got the interior of the trunk touched up and back bumper polished yesterday, that felt good. That flu is really hanging on eh yikes.
Have a great day
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by jgl360 Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Hello, morning is long gone, a few days ago we had -27 with windchill and today it got up to 4. No Daytona 500 in Canada I guess...unless you get a us feed.
The ground is still white like it should be.
jgl360
jgl360

Back to top Go down

Post by mikes mopar Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:07 am

No Daytona 500 in Canada I guess...unless you get a us feed.
TSN4 had the race. you only need to watch the last 20 laps, less than 15 cars finished the race. Ryan Newman had a really bad crash, last lap at the start finish line.
mikes mopar
mikes mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by jgl360 Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:44 am

You could tell when the drivers ran out of patience, usually an accident would happen.

Good morning, a bright sunny morning but not springlike yet...-17 earlier, damn cold and might reach -3 ,-4. Still looking.
Have a great day.
jgl360
jgl360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next