Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's got big plans for the winter?

+6
smoken340
Keith Mopar
GONEFISHIN'
Ragtacker
Brads70
89on35s
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who's got big plans for the winter? Empty Who's got big plans for the winter?

Post by 89on35s Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:51 am

Looking like car season may be done here in Saskatchewan. Who has big plans for the off season?

I'm hoping to have the A-500 OD transmission I just bought rebuilt and installed over the winter. 3000 rpm at 70 mph is a bit more that I am happy with. I also have a gauge plate that I modified for aftermarket gauges that I will have ready as well. I'm sick of a phone app for a speedometer and a bunch of gauges hanging below the dash that are a pain to see. Other than that I have lots of small items to address in the interior, and some on the exterior as well.

I guess I should just admit, I'll get done as much as I can and enjoy it again next summer. I put over 1700 miles on it this year and enjoyed every one. The only real piss off was having to replace the transmission. But I guess that makes it easier to justify the OD.

Cley

03 Ram 4x4 Hemi
10 Ram 4x4 Cummins Quad Cab (The family car)
Sleds, ATVs, Living life outdoors!
89on35s
89on35s

Back to top Go down

Who's got big plans for the winter? Empty Re: Who's got big plans for the winter?

Post by Brads70 Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:34 pm

I'm on the hunt for a 71-72 AMC Javelin. I'm pretty much finished with my Challenger other than a complete paint job.
Brads70
Brads70

Back to top Go down

Who's got big plans for the winter? Empty Re: Who's got big plans for the winter?

Post by Ragtacker Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Patriots coming off Dougs going on this week. Maybe frame connectors maybe new distributor loosley thinking about some Eddy 60775 heads but thats a stretch at this point. If I can find a good unmolested 360 I`ll build a stroker over the next year or so. So ya not much eh
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by GONEFISHIN' Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:41 am

wind lace, door pillar seals, door seals, find the friggin' windshield leak, get the tranny re-done so it doesn't pop out of second gear, get the newly discovered hole(s) in the inner q-panels fixed
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

http://www.lylegarrett.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by GONEFISHIN' Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:43 am

somebody at our club meeting asked "why do we love Mopars instead of Fords or GM?"

I answered "because we're masochists!"

rabbit
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

http://www.lylegarrett.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:57 am

GONEFISHIN' wrote:somebody at our club meeting asked "why do we love Mopars instead of Fords or GM?"

rabbit
Yup lol
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm hoping to finish off the brakes and get the engine and tranny fitted in my 65 Cuda. Get some form of clutch working and I'm thinking of going hydraulic throw-out bearing.

Good answer gonefishin...

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:50 pm

GONEFISHIN' wrote:somebody at our club meeting asked "why do we love Mopars instead of Fords or GM?"

rabbit

Lyle, I love that answer as well. When anyone asks me a similar question. I just tell them that I like going fast and you just can't get that same thrill out of a Ford or GM.

Cherish Yesterday. Dream for Tomorrow. Live for Today.......

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered And Respected
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:49 am

Yea I had a couple of those other makes but have always gone back to Mopar for some reason. I use to like the Fox body Mustangs, add a 351 Windsor and they sure go well, I even put a 351 in a 74 Mustang (pinto based).

Back to top Go down

Post by philcollins Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:42 pm

I want to change all the rubber bushings in the front suspension of the Satellite. Install front and rear sway bars also.
philcollins
philcollins

Back to top Go down

Post by Churchy Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Lots of work to do on the Satellite. Front brakes, shocks all around, driver side front floor pan needs replacing to start. Engine may be coming out to figure out an oil burning issue. Have to see how far I get.
Churchy
Churchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:11 pm

What year Satellite?
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Churchy Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:04 pm

67 318 poly auto. Here's a pic. Who's got big plans for the winter? Satell10
Churchy
Churchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:20 pm

YAAAAA very nice
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:57 pm

The group from 'Chrysler power magazine' has done a ton of work for the poly engines Churchy. Don't know if you are interested in rebuilding that poly or going for a replacement block.
They have done a ton of work for exhaust, intakes and cams. There is a engine builder that writes a article dedicated to poly engines.

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Very nice car, Churchy. Kind of makes me miss my white, 67 Coronet 500, that I sold a while back.

Last edited by smoken340 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Churchy Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:41 pm

I've read up on their work. Almost pulled the trigger when they were selling the first batch of intakes. Wish I had now. I think they want $600 USD for the intake now. I love the fact they have put as much effort in as they have. This engine only has 10000 miles on it. Number 7 cylinder is the issue. completely fouls a plug in inside of 500 miles. Hopefully can find the culprit without completely ripping it apart.
Churchy
Churchy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:55 am

The only plans I have for winter are to redo my rear brakes and replace my master cylinder with a rebuilt one which was given to me. I was going to replace the brake lines too but they are all good and covered by paint.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Tree is up, lights are in and fireplace is done.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by crankycrow Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:01 am

on my 70 I just need to do a few mods on my fuel delivery system .

on my 73 duster i'm pulling the engine and tranny . cam intake and converter change new exhaust and carpet . i'm taking the tranny apart and replacing any worn parts and all seals and gaskets .
crankycrow
crankycrow

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:07 am

crankycrow wrote:on my 70 I just need to do a few mods on my fuel delivery system .

on my 73 duster i'm pulling  the engine and tranny  . cam intake and converter change  new exhaust and carpet . i'm taking the tranny apart and replacing any worn parts and all seals and gaskets .

HI Aaron, sounds like you are going to be a busy boy.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by crankycrow Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:14 am

JGL wrote:
crankycrow wrote:on my 70 I just need to do a few mods on my fuel delivery system .

on my 73 duster i'm pulling  the engine and tranny  . cam intake and converter change  new exhaust and carpet . i'm taking the tranny apart and replacing any worn parts and all seals and gaskets .

I hope to get it all done j-g . I can come over some weekend later on and help with your breaks if you want . the kids will love to get away lol . Very Happy Very Happy
crankycrow
crankycrow

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 am

crankycrow wrote:
JGL wrote:

I hope to get it all done j-g . I can come over some weekend later on and help with your breaks if you want . the kids will love to get away lol . Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks the rear brakes are already done, all that is left is replacing the master cylinder and getting all the old fluid out of the front. I have to change my gear mechanism in my drivers door too. It's going to be after Christmas sometime. I'll let you know if I need help.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by crankycrow Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:32 am

I am going to start to clean my work area today and start my exhaust on the 73 in a day or two . then I will pull the engine and tranny .
crankycrow
crankycrow

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:00 am

Churchy wrote:67 318 poly auto. Here's a pic. Who's got big plans for the winter? Satell10
Churchy, I just realized that your Satellite, is a Canadian car, because they stopped using the poly in US. cars in 66.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next