Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississauga Sring fling

5 posters

Go down

Mississauga Sring fling Empty Mississauga Sring fling

Post by mikes mopar Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:24 am

Hopefully wont be canceled because of virus

36th ANNUAL SPRING FLING

Sponsored by Performance Mopar Club of Toronto

SUNDAY MAY 31st, 2020

"NOTE THE NEW LOCATION THIS YEAR"

PARAMOUNT FINE FOOD CENTRE

SPORTS COMPLEX

5500 ROSE CHERRY PLACE

MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
mikes mopar
mikes mopar

Back to top Go down

Mississauga Sring fling Empty Re: Mississauga Sring fling

Post by smoken340 Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:00 pm

Mike,They haven't said anything that I've seen or heard yet. But the whole season is starting to look like a washout. I was really looking forward to this one this year.

Cherish Yesterday. Dream for Tomorrow. Live for Today.......

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered And Respected
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by mikes mopar Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:37 am

Hello,
I am writing this letter to update you on the impacts of COVID-19 on Moparfest.
On Wednesday April 8th, the Moparfest Committee held an online meeting where we thoroughly discussed the impacts of COVID-19 on our event. We (20 members) voted unanimously to cancel Moparfest for 2020. It was a difficult moment, but we truly believe this is the most responsible and safest decision for Moparfest in 2020. We feel that this is in the best interest of everyone involved and we are keeping your health and safety as our top priority though this challenging time.

This was not an easy decision to make, and it came with a lot of factors: health being number one. We also carefully considered crowd size restrictions, public park usage restrictions, financial impacts to everyone involved, volunteer safety, participant safety, and the overall atmosphere of the Moparfest event that you expect from us.

A quick note – the New Hamburg Optimist truck draw that is scheduled for August 16, 2020 is still going to happen. If you have already purchased tickets, they are still valid. And if you would like to purchase tickets, please check our website or give us a call at the office.

We are committed to return in 2021 with an amazing Moparfest event. We are looking forward to seeing our Moparfest family again then.
We hope you will join us then.
Save our date – August 21 & 22, 2021. Until then, please stay safe and healthy.
Thank you for your ongoing support. Please contact the office if you have any questions.

-The Moparfest Committee

PS – now you have lots of time to finish your Mopar projects before Moparfest 2021!
mikes mopar
mikes mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by mikes mopar Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:38 am

Above message from Moparfest web page
mikes mopar
mikes mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Shivens Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:44 am

Man, I miss these real car shows. I just hope that next year doesn't get canceled as well.

Ben Shivens

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles_Ha11 Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:23 pm

I guess it will still depend on the situation next year, I am really hoping that this pandemic will be over soon.

Miles_Ha11

Keith Mopar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brads70 Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:49 am

What has me scratching my head and thinking hypocrisy is watching the local news last night. The city proudly announces on the evening news about them setting up a big outdoor rink . This got me immediately to thinking... Oh ok so we couldn't have our local (or anywhere else?) cruise nights /car shows out doors( which just happens to be a couple hundred yards the rink install from where we for years have had out local show every week) they are putting up the rink! this past summer when "covid" was next to nill, but during this end of the world " second wave" with so called numbers spiking we can have an outdoor rink ? Is it just me or does this scream hypocrisy? Or the fact that people can wander around in indoor shopping malls or hundreds of other similar type examples during " the second wave" but we can't go to an outdoor car show/cruise nite when covid was nill. ? I'll bite my tongue and not call out a certain political party on hypocrisy .....
Rant over
Brads70
Brads70

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:19 pm

I feel the same way at times. Problem for me is that I have pre existing health issues. So I’m left with nothing to do but become a hermit and make my own isolation rules. As for having a outdoor rink or an outdoor car show, I don’t see any difference.

Cherish Yesterday. Dream for Tomorrow. Live for Today.......

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered And Respected
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down