Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings Everybody

3 posters

Go down

Greetings Everybody  Empty Greetings Everybody

Post by Mopari Joe Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:38 pm

Hey all, I'm a young Mopar enthusiast with a fixation on second generation Chargers, yes I know it's not healthy, their way too expensive. But let me ask you this. Who cares about their financial future if they can lay claim to a sweet 69' R/T right? I know I don't. That's what brought me here, so I could meet fine people like you, to escape the doldrums of everyday life and immerse myself in an ocean of Mopar nostalgia. Another reason I'm here is that I want to learn as much as possible about these amazing cars from Chrysler's golden age and make a few friends in this community. The kind of friends who share my enthusiasm and encourage reckless, bordering on self destructive financial decisions. The kind of enablers whom know no limits because they know "It's Mopar or no car".  

On a less manic note; I am excited to meet many kind people like you willing to share their experience and knowledge with someone like me who's wading his first steps into the Mopar Community. I look forward to speaking with you about anything Mopar or otherwise. I have a lot of questions I want to ask, and many discussions that I want to engage in over the coming weeks, months and years. I don't really have an interesting back story explaining why I fell in love with these cars, I definitely watched way too much Fast and the Furious for my own good; that and my grandfather -whom I never met- owned a beautiful red 69' charger with a white vinyl top way back in the day. To me, these cars and stories of their owners are the most fascinating part of this car culture, I hope I get to hear yours soon!

Cheers, Boys!

Mopari Joe

Back to top Go down

Greetings Everybody  Empty Re: Greetings Everybody

Post by Keith Mopar Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:48 pm

Welcome to Mopar eh Joe.

Yea those cars are worth too much but if you get one that needs some work you might find something in your price range.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mopari Joe Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:09 pm

Keith Mopar wrote:Welcome to Mopar eh Joe.

Yea those cars are worth too much but if you get one that needs some work you might find something in your price range.

Yeah I figured I wouldn't be able to find a clean, turn key 69' charger with some good resell potential for anything less than 60-80k CAD on good day Most on Autotrader go from 90 - 130k easy and some aren't even R/Ts. I don't really have any mechanical skills to speak of - aside from being able to do a bit of bondo and rust removal- to really mitigate most of the labor costs involved. Although, I do have a good and fairly priced mechanic/classic mustang builder who's willing to take on the likely 1000+ hour project to build one for me. I'd have to get in at the ground level, buy a decent roller with as much of it's original parts, Interior, glass, trim in tact. I think if I buy the right shell and build it the right way, I could get way more out of my 60 - 80k down the line rather than pay another guy for something lesser in comparison. I know it's harder that way but I'm willing to put myself through that to make it happen.

Yet before I can even do that much, I need to find one in the first place -easier said than done, right?-, I realize that I probably won't have the luxury of being picky with whatever decent roller I find. The root of the issue is that even gutted rollers are going for frankly stupid prices on any moderately known online marketplace. I'm stumped to be honest. If I can find that one decent roller tucked under a tarp in granny's garage, old McDonald's cornfield, or the local classifieds of some back water rural town I think I may be able to pull it off. I'd give anything to have that kind of network and I'd go anywhere to find it. I'll keep looking, but what do you think is the best course of action, I'm all ears?

Maybe I should just buy the sturdiest, cheapest, B-body shell and clone it with reproduction metal or fiber glass fenders, panels and roof that way I could resto-mod it and do whatever the heck I wanted to the interior without feeling bad about ruining a classic. In order to make it a more modern feeling, custom built and generally less financially burdensome car that I could drive till the wheels fell off.

Mopari Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:24 pm

Yea Chargers are one of the most expensive out there. Maybe start with a cheaper car and build it to help get your skills up with some help with your Mustang Friend.

I think cloning another B body with panels could be the costliest way to go.

Good luck!

Mopari Joe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mopari Joe Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:39 pm

What do you think about the 3rd gen chargers, would they be worth it?

Mopari Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery Miller Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:22 pm

Yeah i think so

Jeffery Miller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery Miller Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:29 pm

Greetings everyone. Happy to meet you all.

Jeffery Miller

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:42 am

Welcome Jeffery

Jeffery Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery Miller Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:45 am

Thank you

Jeffery Miller

Back to top Go down