Cutting cord, only want one channel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cutting cord, only want one channel

Post by Swamp Donkey on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:16 pm

I want to cut the cord on my cable. I only want one channel. I'm willing to pay for it. The channel in question is Discovery channel. I love all the Gold mining shows, street outlaws, fast and loud, misfit garage, Frontier Etc. So far I have a Kodi box, but it is frustrating to find shows and the video and audio quality is crappy most of the time. So, do I need Apple TV, Roku, Sling Box, Amazon whatever or the dozens of other options.

Even to get the Discovery Go app to watch everything, I need a cable subscription. What the heck is that all about? Whatever service I pick, I wouldn't mind having the option of watching it on a mobile device like an iPad or iPhone.

Can I just cut my cable and use any other persons account number for the Discovery Go App?

Swamp Donkey

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutting cord, only want one channel

Post by Brads70 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:03 am

I too have a Kodi box , got rid of cable 3 years ago. Don't miss it at all. I have a digital antenna so I can get the local news. Problem with Kodi box is you need to have really good internet. We don't we pay for 6 mbps but never get that sometimes it drops to 1/2 a MBPS and buffers . Drives me nuts but not much choice where I am for other providers.
Brads70

Back to top Go down

Post by Swamp Donkey on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:09 am

Thanks Brad. I'm borderline on my tech abilities. So the Kodi is really pushing my limits with add ons updates etc. Luckily I have fast enough internet for it. Maybe I will look at it again and see if I can update it or whatever it needs.
Swamp Donkey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikes mopar on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:47 am

I have a Kodi box, have no problems with sound. the source of the program has a lot to do with quality. I pay for fast internet, rogers keeps changing things on thier internet packages an it keeps costing more to keep enough download speed. you could also start downloading from Torrent and other sources as an option, just watch your data cap. Is your Kodi Wi-Fi or hard line. I wired the house with Cat 6 and coax. If hard wire is an option it could help. One day I will cut the cable.
mikes mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top