Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

playoffs 2017

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

playoffs 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: playoffs 2017

Post by smoken340 Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:50 am

crankycrow wrote:
smoken340 wrote:Give the Leafs a little time and they'll blow it.

I am thinking the same thing but just didn't  want to say it but you are so right .

I remember watching the game the last time they won the cup (1967), and I've been disappointed ever since.

Cherish Yesterday. Dream for Tomorrow. Live for Today.......

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered And Respected
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 am

Alot different direction now. No more trading picks for aging veterans at the deadline to try and get in the playoffs only to miss and have said aging vet leave via free agency. No more Harold Ballard simply screwwing up the team, no more incompetant management see John Ferguson Jr. Dave Nonis and on and on Stelleck come to mind? This new team is going in the right direction they have a very good front office and an extremely good coaching staff. It has to come from the Marlies on up from here in and I think the base is there. They lack defensive depth at the moment especially on the ice and alot of the defensive core is playing well beyond the level they should be expected to play. Gardiner is nowhere near a top minute guy but has to play that role Reilly is not a 1A defence man he is 1B at best the rest are all 5-6 and maybe not even that. We can play with anyomne from the forwards up but the defense is our achillies heal at the moment and there is nothing that can be done to fix it until the off season and that will be tough to accomplish even then. To get a top flight d man there will have to be a top flight asset going away and I cannot think of one forward I want to see gone. JVR maybe the one and that would not hurt my fellings but he would bring squat in a trade. I personally would like to see the kid from Winnipeg , Jacob Trouba come here but he is not being given away. Thats life according to Reg this has been my team for 60 plus years and I think its going to be a fun 5 - 6 six years upcoming but hell what do I know
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Say what you will about Harold Ballard, but he could build a winning team, before he decided that spending money wasn't profitable to him. Ballard, Stellick and Ferguson have been gone for quite sometime now. So how can you blame the last 15 years on them. I followed hockey very closely in in 60s, and I don't remember any huge trades before they won the last cup. My parents were very close friends with Eddie Shack. He said it right one day in the 70s when he was visiting us. He said that when he was playing it was for the love of the game and not the love of money. The leafs charge the most money to go to a game, but won't spend the money on the talent,(THIS IS THEIR DIRECTION AND ALWAYS WILL BE) and why should they, when the fans continue to follow them like sheep And pay Exorbitant prices to watch them fail, year in and year out.
And that is my rant for today.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:24 pm

I`m watching the game, but everyone has an opinion now I know yours
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Sat on my response deleted it you probably would not have liked it.
Done , out this conversation
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:34 pm

Reg, my opinion is just that, an opinion. I just don't see the leafs spending money to build a winning team as long as the fans put up with mediocre. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way, this was not my intention.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:25 am

Hey big news, the Leafs lost but Ottawa is still alive. Ottawa beat the Bruins(my favorite team to hate) and by doing so the Bruins are out of the playoffs...I guess it's golf season for them. Very Happy , they will be chasing flower !!
The habs are out too Crying or Very sad
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 am

Dam the oilers killed it, now game 7 with the Ducks...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2