Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Morning Thread

+8
Grumpy427
blown motor
GONEFISHIN'
philcollins
Cookie-Monster
Keith Mopar
Ragtacker
smoken340
12 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Good Morning Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Good Morning Thread

Post by smoken340 Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Good day all. Was cold today, but at least no snow. We are supposed to get dumped on over night tonight though. Yes I bought a Ford Escape, not new but very low mileage. It was sold and serviced where I work, so I was able to get all of the service records. We took it on trade, on a new one and I only pay $500 over what was given on trade. Unfortunately no one makes a vehicle worth owning right now except Ford. GM, has nothing that I like and the only offering by Chrysler is the Challenger, but some how I don't see my wife driving a Hemi in the snow.

Cherish Yesterday. Dream for Tomorrow. Live for Today.......

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered And Respected
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by blown motor Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Why do you say no one make a vehicle worth owning except Ford? We will be looking for something new in the spring and I'm interested in any info I can get.
blown motor
blown motor

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Murray, it's only a matter of taste. Chevrolet makes the Cruze, Malibu and Impala. None of which I think are good looking cars. The resale value is terrible on the Malibu, the Cruze is too small and the Impala is to big and I find their trucks, just plain ugly. Chrysler, doesn't have any nice looking cars either, except the Challenger and forget the Charger it's just built very cheap. Their trucks are nice, but I'm not in the market for a truck. Ford has the Fusion which is a very nice car and has a good resale value or you could step up and buy the Taurus SHO, which is really nice and the F-150, is just a nice overall truck, but a little pricey. Again it's just a matter of taste. I'm sure their are a few nice foreign cars, but I won't put one in my driveway. Working in the used car department lets me see what vehicles resell fast and which ones tend to sit around for a long time.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:05 pm

REPLY TO KEITH
Your right Keith, the other F would not start at all.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:24 pm

As shown on tv don't drop your tool box in the F150's bed because you will end up with a holie bed and believe me that is not holy.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Thread - Page 22 Empty new cars

Post by GONEFISHIN' Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:53 pm

blown motor wrote:Why do you say no one make a vehicle worth owning except Ford? We will be looking for something new in the spring and I'm interested in any info I can get.

Murray, I'm on my second Journey (V-6) with no major problems, after 10 Caravans/Voyagers - I wouldn't touch the 4-cylinder though
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

http://www.lylegarrett.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by blown motor Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:12 am

We're looking for something different after three Caravans and the Journey is in the running as is the Cherokee. However my wife likes the look of the Escape. I've never owned a Ford. A lot of the FCA stuff have poor ratings but you sure see a lot of them on the road. I think some of the ratings are based on resale value but we drive them until they are junk so that doesn't matter to me. We have looked at a lot of SUVs but they all seem to have a HUGE blind spot. I test drove a Hyundia Tucson and in the right position I could make a minivan completely disappear in the passenger side blind spot when I looked back.
blown motor
blown motor

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:35 am

Good morning people, great weather coming: -18 this morning BUT by 10pm tonight it will be -1, and by 5pm Sunday a whopping +12 and rain, then cold again Monday...a great recipe for a cold, icy roads and all kinds of junk. I wonder if we'll have a white Christmas after all.
Have a good day all.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:07 am

Good morning -2 and supposedly snow is in our future. Better than up country they are getting -40 today and thats without the wind chill, brrrr too cold for me. Got the new bumpers on the Dart yesterday and filled the fuel tank to test the new sending unit seal. If I find out who forgot to properly tighten the lower hose clamp on the fuel line they are going to catch hell.
Have a great day
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:36 am

JGL wrote:As shown on tv don't drop your tool box in the F150's bed because you will end up with a holie bed and believe me that is not holy
Right now there's a lot of controversy about that commercial. The consumer watch dog claims that the tool box dropped into the Ford is very full of heavy stuff while the box dropped into the Chev is empty. Waiting to see what happens here.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:40 am

Good morning all, we received about 15 cm of snow last night and are supposed to get the same tonight. I'm glad that I don't shovel snow anymore.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:49 am

GONEFISHIN' wrote:
blown motor wrote:Why do you say no one make a vehicle worth owning except Ford? We will be looking for something new in the spring and I'm interested in any info I can get.

Murray, I'm on my second Journey (V-6) with no major problems, after 10 Caravans/Voyagers - I wouldn't touch the 4-cylinder though

Again it's all a matter of preference as well as what t's to be used for. I've had 2 Escapes since 2004 and have loved both of them. Very dependable and both went well over 400k. That's what I bought again, and if it's as dependable, then I won't be looking at cars for another 10 years. My wife loves the Escape. My D/D is a Fusion, bought it new in 2014 and so far so good (fingers crossed ). However remember I don't pay what people off the street would, but if I went to any other brand dealer then I would.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:41 am

My wife drives an 2011 Equinox 50 thousand K on it they just put a new motor in it because of excesive oil consumption like its all gone after 3000 between oil changes. Next will be the cat converter from burning up all that oil and the sensors. This was all done no charge even though there is no waranty left factory or extended so whats that tell you. We bought this pos thinking it would be the last car for my wife but I see another in our immediate future and it won`t be north american as far as I can see.
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Ragtacker wrote:My wife drives an 2011 Equinox 50 thousand K on it they just put a new motor in it because of excesive oil consumption like its all gone after 3000 between oil changes. Next will be the cat converter from burning up all that oil and the sensors. This was all done no charge even though there is no waranty left factory or extended so whats that tell you. We bought this pos thinking it would be the last car for my wife but I see another in our immediate future and it won`t be north american as far as I can see.

99.9 % of the stuff in North American cars, comes from overseas. And most foreign cars that are sold in North America, are manufactured in North America. By parts that are supplied from overseas. You are very lucky that GM. is taking care of you, because most if not all manufactures wouldn't give you the time of day. I bought a brand new Dodge Dakota, pickup in 2000. By 2004 the foam in the seat had deteriorated to nothing. Truck was used for personal use only and never worked, it had 106k on it. When I went back to the dealer, they told me to pound salt. So I called Chrysler Canada, and they told me that there was nothing they could or would do for me because all dealerships are independently owned. I also refuse to support cars were my money is going to a country overseas, that could decide to invade us at any time. Call me old fashioned but history has a way of repeating itself.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:40 pm

smoken340 wrote:
JGL wrote:As shown on tv don't drop your tool box in the F150's bed because you will end up with a holie bed and believe me that is not holy
Right now there's a lot of controversy about that commercial. The consumer watch dog claims that the tool box dropped into the Ford is very full of heavy stuff while the box dropped into the Chev is empty. Waiting to see what happens here.

That is not nice on Chevy's part, they are probably no better but like to show otherwise.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:44 am

Good morning, 0 at this hour and going to +10 this afternoon and -15 tomorrow morning, roller coaster or what, should be a bunch of snow falling off the branches and some roofs.
Christmas is getting closer...
Have a good day all.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:49 am

Good morning 0 calling for snow turning to rain. This week we get out of the deep freeze and back to t shirt weather like we are used too. One week to go all your shopping done? Mine will be as soon as I find a wood steering wheel.
Have a great day
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:28 am

Did you check the lumber pile? Laughing
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:29 am

Yup sure have lol
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie-Monster Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:11 am

smoken340 wrote:

There is one video I saw which shows multiple drops of the tool box and one puts a hole in the chevy box. That commercial is absolute bullshit false advertisement and the fact that the watch dogs/government does not have it pulled really burns
my cookies. Chevy should be sued and heavily fined. Now back to regular programming.......... snow falling this morning.
Cookie-Monster
Cookie-Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:41 pm

BIG SHAME on Chevy, with all that fuss I wonder how Dodge holds up...??

Probably soft aluminum too. It's the cheap way to save weight.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:52 pm

JGL wrote:BIG SHAME on Chevy, with all that fuss I wonder how Dodge holds up...??

Probably soft aluminum too. It's the cheap way to save weight.

Just bought a Dodge 1 ton dually in the summer, I will keep you informed but it has no holes in the box.
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:00 pm

The two biggest competitors in the pick up truck market are Ford then GM. As much as I like my classic mopars, and hate to admit it, but they aren't even a worry to either GM or Ford. As far as the commercial goes, that's not going to sway a blue oval guy over to the GM camp.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by GONEFISHIN' Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:41 pm

-15C @ 10:00 pm - wonder how low it goes tonight?
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

http://www.lylegarrett.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:24 am

Good morning 2 and pouring with rain better than the mainland though they are still getting snow lots of power out.
Have a great day
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next