NEW Old (fat) guy in the B.C. rockies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW Old (fat) guy in the B.C. rockies

Post by Old Ray on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:21 pm

My big fat (that’s me) boring, rambling, ineffectual, irreverent, Canadian intro post.

I’m not sure if it is necessary, but could I give a little boring personal information?

I have been a car guy since my mother took me off pabulum and I started reading the little hot rod car magazines and then Tom McCall in Mechanics Illustrated. I took a mechanics apprenticeship after high school at a local dealer then had my own shop for 4 years and one day in the winter I had a farmer’s one ton up on the hoist full of frozen cow poop, well it didn’t stay frozen for long, and when this brown cold water started running down my neck I decided that this was a good time to look for other career opportunities.  

There were no auto parts stores in town so I opened one and ran it for 22 years.  I am now retired and for something to do I have a used book store open half days which leaves the other half for car building.

My shop truck project was completed last summer and so I now need a new build project to rationalize having it and a buddy found this 56 Dodge 2 door wagon (suburban) on kijiji late last fall so I traded another car for it. Had to, my car in high school was a 56 Dodge two door hardtop, black and turquoise, that the previous owner had installed a 59 sports fury 318 in. complete with glass packs, sure brings back some nice memories.

I have enjoyed the information that I have read here so far and look forward to getting your assistance when I get into my project, thanks from the Canadian Rocky Mountains.

Old Ray

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW Old (fat) guy in the B.C. rockies

Post by Drache on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Welcome to the site! Always nice to have another BC'er here!

~Kyle

Drache
Admin

http://www.mopar-eh.ca

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top