Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reworking a restored car

+2
GONEFISHIN'
cannucky
6 posters

Go down

reworking a restored car Empty reworking a restored car

Post by cannucky Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:46 pm

As most of you know I paid someone a lot of money to restore my car , it started out as a paint job but they ended up milking me for @50k this was for new body panels , a transmission that went to shyte in less than 5000 miles , a top end rebuild /upgrade that ended up killing my 318 , rings got smashed on the ridge left in the cylinders , cam has flat spots lifters have wear grooved etc...,8 3/4 rear end that is so crooked that both rear wheels have pretty serious toe in as measured by a long time Mopar mechanic that is a member on FABO and the list goes on to include pretty much everything I was charged for being crap . Now to the new part , as some of you also know I damaged the lower rear valance at Moparfest this year , no biggy I wanted to swap it for the proper dual exhaust valance anyway but now we are cutting into the work I paid a lot of money for including the "new" trunk floor , not because it has to be cut to replace the valance but because the " new " trunk floor is in fact the same rusted floor that was in the car that was covered with short strand glass resin and then undercoated, of course now that it is 6 years or so later it is now completely rotted within the glass . Without calling anybody names I will be posting pictures of what my money bought so that there is no confusion or he said she said ambiguity .

Hint: I guess I should have bought a trunk floor when I bought the valance and cross member , luckily I have a local friend that can probably cut what I need out of a car he has been using for his own project .

cannucky

Back to top Go down

reworking a restored car Empty Re: reworking a restored car

Post by GONEFISHIN' Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:57 pm

sorry to hear that, Chris - best of luck with the rebuild rebuild
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

http://www.lylegarrett.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:11 pm

The good old do it right or do it twice trick.
Not much fun for the guy who is on the receiving end.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Sorry I must have missed your story....

Who did the restoration work ? Are they still in business ?
anlauto
anlauto

http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:51 am

Sorry to hear about your trouble cannucky. I would always like to hear car guys are the good ones and it's the rest of the people you have to watch out for. But unfortunately some people are only out for them selves.

If they screwed you over like that, I say flame them on the internet and you could possibly save someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by 70DartMike Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:52 pm

I had a young guy come by my place yesterday to buy the passenger fender and a couple other parts from my '68 Valiant for his newly acquired '68 Valiant Signet. Turns out he just bought it from Peter himself. I didn't think that guy actually sold anything, just tried to rip people off.
70DartMike
70DartMike

Back to top Go down

Post by cannucky Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:49 pm

yeah I'll be posting pics of what was done and am going to be putting the axels etc... from the 8 3/4 in a housing I got in trade for the 360 heads that were put on my 318 so I will be posting pics of the housing he sold me on a jig to illistrate just how bad it is plus I will include the story of that part of the deal . Sorry Keith Forum rules prevent me from slagging this person again but there is nothing to prevent me from posting detailed pictures of his "professional" work so I will be doing that including the BS he fed when we did the part of the deal I am showing.I am busy with work so it is going to take a day or two more to round up a digital camera . Yes he is still in business even tho he retired from his actual business several years ago . He is able to run his backyard business because he has horded a whole lot of cars over the years and has all the stuff everybody wants but can't find , that doesn't of course mean he will be selling you any of it just that it makes good bait for his back yard business .

PS Mike He sold me a Valiant of similar vintage but never gave me a title or the car just a front frame rail , he sold someone I know the notchback he had sold to a dieing man and was building into a Superstock bucket list car for him before the guy said nfw to the price of the build and walked away after paying for the car and body and paint , last I heard my friend wasn't too happy with the quality of that car and was refusing to go forward until it was redone properly and he was good friends with you know who .

cannucky

Back to top Go down

Post by cannucky Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:15 pm

peeled out a bunch of the sound membrane and took some pics but they haven't come through my email server for some reason , I'll have to find the USB cord that came with the phone I am using as a camera because thats the only cord the phone recognizes for data transfer DOH ! Suffice to say the back half of the trunk floor is swiss cheese under kitty hair , they coated it with the kitty hair then POR-15ed it to look like it was rust proofed , and this guy's wife threatened to use their trust fund to sue me for slandering an" honorable man" , time to call RPS again and get a whole new trunk floor heading this way I guess .

cannucky

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:56 am

Can you at least narrow it down to what Province we're talking about ?
anlauto
anlauto

Back to top Go down

Post by 70DartMike Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:42 am

Victoria, British Columbia.
70DartMike
70DartMike

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:25 am

Okay...It's not who I was thinking of then.......
anlauto
anlauto

Back to top Go down

Post by cannucky Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:14 pm

heres a couple of pics of the "New trunk floor " installed by this guy and his "Professionals" , more to follow as I get more of the sound deadener out and start cutting the valance off to expose the cross member and floor .
PS a quick search through the site will tell you who we are talking about

cannucky

Back to top Go down

Post by cannucky Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:15 pm

hmmm not sure what happened to the pics but they can be seen over at FABO in a thread with the same title.

cannucky

Back to top Go down

Post by cannucky Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:19 pm

all right for those of you not following on FABO I have posted the latest picks over there because I can't seem to get pics into this thread , I will be posting in my other thread on this site soon I just want to find the end of this current nightmare before I re-open that thread with the full proof regarding this person , I have also learned of another victim of this guy that was charged 30k for a restoration job that ended up being a cut polish of his paint and the theft of a number of hard to find OE date coded parts that were swapped for random easy to get versions , I am waiting for this person to respond to my request he publish his story here as well but thats up to him I guess .

cannucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:23 am

Would you mind if I take the pics from FABO and paste them on here?
This would show people the lies of the person doing the work not just his poor workman ship.

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:58 am

I'd be happy with just a link to the thread on FABO ?
anlauto
anlauto

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:53 am

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Ouch Shocked
anlauto
anlauto