Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Loré Arens on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:53 am

As you can see my name is Loré and I am female

I am, at the moment, PRESIDENT of the Mopars Unlimited Car Club, Vancouver Chapter
Nice to see a Canadian Forum.

What's with the Eh, lol. That's an Eastern Thing, we don't do that out here Wink .

My first car, back in the day, was a 1970 Plum Crazy Road Runner, 440 4spd, air grabber etc.
Now I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber - love it (wish it was a SRT)

Got a Show coming up July 12, 2015 in LANGLEY, BC
MOPAR MADNESS - this will be our 24th show
Largest Mopar Show in Western Canada
Info to follow

Once again, glad Kim sent me the link

Loré Arens

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 61
Location : Abbotsford, British Columbia

http://xmodscanada.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Cookie-Monster on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:08 am

Wow! an official big shot, welcome. We do expect to see your resignation to that other club and give 100% here.
J/K lol

Cookie-Monster

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-01-21
Location : Aldergrove, BC

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Loré Arens on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:11 am

Hey, wasn't my intention to become the PREZ, it just happened.

This is my 2nd term, first one had its bumps along the road but we survived and didn't bankrupt the club so that was good.

I also do the Newsletter for the club, must be 8+ years now.

Loré Arens

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 61
Location : Abbotsford, British Columbia

http://xmodscanada.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Drache on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:12 am

Welcome to the site! I keep getting invited to your Show but it's the same date at the local shows here and driving my car to Langley would break hte bank for gas! Maybe someday though Very Happy

~Kyle

Drache
Admin

Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 33
Location : Williams Lake, BC

http://www.mopar-eh.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Loré Arens on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:15 am

I get the same the thing with the Atlantic Nationals.

My brother-in-law has invited me to go, and will even fly me out to Moncton, but it is the same weekend as our show, and it wouldn't really look good if the PREZ couldn't make it to our show.

Loré Arens

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 61
Location : Abbotsford, British Columbia

http://xmodscanada.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Drache on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:16 am

Last year at the local car show this Elderly couple was here with an old Dodge pickup. Said they actually started your club or the show there or something. Really wanted to see my Dart there. They were nice and I talked to them for awhile. Really wish I could remember their names though. Sad

Drache
Admin

Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 33
Location : Williams Lake, BC

http://www.mopar-eh.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by anlauto on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:18 am

Okay guys....there's a girl here now....we have to behave... jocolor

anlauto

Posts : 532
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 51
Location : Georgetown ON

http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Cookie-Monster on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:18 am

I was a member for 1 year and my friend John Wilson is still a member I do believe. I hit the show every year and the last few years I lived down the street so I could just walk over.

Cookie-Monster

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-01-21
Location : Aldergrove, BC

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Loré Arens on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:27 am

Cookie-Monster wrote:I was a member for 1 year and my friend John Wilson is still a member I do believe. I hit the show every year and the last few years I lived down the street so I could just walk over.

John is still a member, we have a completely new executive.

We are wanting to put FUN back into the club, more garage tours, cruises, etc.

Loré Arens

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 61
Location : Abbotsford, British Columbia

http://xmodscanada.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Loré Arens on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:29 am

Drache wrote:Last year at the local car show this Elderly couple was here with an old Dodge pickup. Said they actually started your club or the show there or something. Really wanted to see my Dart there. They were nice and I talked to them for awhile. Really wish I could remember their names though. Sad

When you say ELDERLY, is that anyone over 40 Laughing
Do you remember the colour of the truck?

Loré Arens

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 61
Location : Abbotsford, British Columbia

http://xmodscanada.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Drache on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:46 am

Loré Arens wrote:
Drache wrote:Last year at the local car show this Elderly couple was here with an old Dodge pickup. Said they actually started your club or the show there or something. Really wanted to see my Dart there. They were nice and I talked to them for awhile. Really wish I could remember their names though. Sad

When you say ELDERLY, is that anyone over 40 Laughing
Do you remember the colour of the truck?

Dark blue with flames?

Drache
Admin

Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 33
Location : Williams Lake, BC

http://www.mopar-eh.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Loré Arens on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:31 am

Ray and Rachelle Myles

Loré Arens

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 61
Location : Abbotsford, British Columbia

http://xmodscanada.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by 70DartMike on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:39 am

Welcome, I made the show a few years ago in my '65 Valiant, sold it to a friend in Langley though who has a pile of Valiants, a pile of A100's, a few 340 Swingers and a 340 Duster.

I'm planning on making it this year in my '70 Dart. It's too bad the ferry is so expensive to come over on.

70DartMike

Posts : 97
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 30
Location : Vancouver Island, BC

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Loré Arens on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:04 am

70DartMike wrote:Welcome, I made the show a few years ago in my '65 Valiant, sold it to a friend in Langley though who has a pile of Valiants, a pile of A100's, a few 340 Swingers and a 340 Duster.

I'm planning on making it this year in my '70 Dart. It's too bad the ferry is so expensive to come over on.

It would be great to have you.
The ferries is such a joke on the price, maybe one day there will be a bridge Cool

Loré Arens

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 61
Location : Abbotsford, British Columbia

http://xmodscanada.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by crankycrow on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:06 am

Loré Arens wrote:As you can see my name is Loré and I am female

I am, at the moment, PRESIDENT of the Mopars Unlimited Car Club, Vancouver Chapter
Nice to see a Canadian Forum.

What's with the Eh, lol. That's an Eastern Thing, we don't do that out here Wink .

My first car, back in the day, was a 1970 Plum Crazy Road Runner, 440 4spd, air grabber etc.
Now I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber - love it (wish it was a SRT)

Got a Show coming up July 12, 2015 in LANGLEY, BC
MOPAR MADNESS - this will be our 24th show
Largest Mopar Show in Western Canada
Info to follow

Once again, glad Kim sent me the link




i promise you its not an eastern thing . oh and welcome .

crankycrow

Posts : 87
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 48
Location : P.E.I.

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by 70DartMike on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Loré Arens wrote:
70DartMike wrote:Welcome, I made the show a few years ago in my '65 Valiant, sold it to a friend in Langley though who has a pile of Valiants, a pile of A100's, a few 340 Swingers and a 340 Duster.

I'm planning on making it this year in my '70 Dart. It's too bad the ferry is so expensive to come over on.

It would be great to have you.
The ferries is such a joke on the price, maybe one day there will be a bridge Cool

I'd rather the prices just go back to affordable. The downside to a bridge is our nice quiet island would be a lot less quiet.

70DartMike

Posts : 97
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 30
Location : Vancouver Island, BC

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Loré Arens on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanks

Loré Arens

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 61
Location : Abbotsford, British Columbia

http://xmodscanada.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Abbotsford, British Columbia

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:02 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum