Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storage

3 posters

Go down

Storage Empty Storage

Post by grassy Wed May 16, 2018 7:57 am

Folks,

Some may remember me.. my kids and I did a restomod on a rust free '75 Duster.  

Unfortunately, both of the kids had to leave  our province to find work.  The one surprise was my son who has a trade.

My son joined the CAF (EGS) and went into basic last July. I put the car up then.  Presently he is in training and doesn't grad until October where it looks like his next posting will be in Ontario, Alberta or BC. Once he finds a place with a garage, the car will be shipped out to him.

I the mean time, my wife is retiring and we will be traveling up through Ontario again this year then point the truck down to TX, Az and Nm.  

I said we would store it here (and where we move to next ) so he doesn't have to worry about it.

I had to move the car out of the garage this week because we installed an alarm system ..  

Since the car will not be moving again after I put it back into the garage I have a question about the gas.

I am not sure if I dump stabilizer in the tank on a ere basis if it will continue to work.

Should I empty the tank as much as I can ?

What else should I be doing ?

Thanks
Grassy..
grassy
grassy

Back to top Go down

Storage Empty Re: Storage

Post by JGL Wed May 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Your best bet would probably be to go to a parts store who sells the fuel stabilizer and ask them, in my opinion I would think you would be good on a one shot deal. I use it every Fall, with over 3/4 of a tank of fuel I add 166 ml of stabilizer to the tank...works for me!
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by grassy Wed May 16, 2018 4:56 pm

But would you trust that `166 of stabilizer for 2 or 3 years ?

Time to wonder down to Napa..
grassy
grassy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Wed May 16, 2018 6:33 pm

If you start the car at least twice a year and let it warm up properly(15-20 min.) I believe that would suffice.
JG
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by mikes mopar Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

If you could completely drain the tank and empty the carb, pump and lines that would be the gold. Sta-Bil says there product will work for 2 years. get non-ethanol gas if possible, fill the tank put in the stabalizer let the car run for 15 min, or a short drive, you want it up into the carb.
than store
mikes mopar
mikes mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by grassy Fri May 18, 2018 9:04 am

Mike,

I thought about draining everything too but a PIA. The car is stored in an undeated garage..but insulated..concerned with rust in tank.

NAPA sold me on SeaFoam..which is good for 2 years. You cannot escape ethanol here ..
They suggested that I fit the tank as far up as possible..

Fingers crossed..
grassy
grassy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Fri May 18, 2018 1:41 pm

They should know.
I would still start it and let it warm up, end of spring start of fall like.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down