Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Northern BC

+4
GONEFISHIN'
smoken340
JGL
Swamp Donkey
8 posters

Go down

Hello from Northern BC Empty Hello from Northern BC

Post by Swamp Donkey Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:35 am

Just found and joined this site this morning. I have a 1973 Cuda that I have owned since I was 18. I'm now 43. It's been in a old farm hut for those 25 years waiting for me to do something with it. Anyways, long story I want to be driving this car for my 50th birthday. I'm hopefully going to get some advice here on Canadian companies who carry lots of products for vintage Mopars. As I'm sure everyone on here is
aware, it seems anything that is ordered from the US it seems the price is doubled by the time your done paying for everything. Also, I'm somewhat starting to look for a good body guy in Western Canada. I'm willing to travel one full long day one way for the right guy.

Hello from Northern BC Img_4717
Hello from Northern BC Img_4718
Hello from Northern BC Img_4815
Hello from Northern BC Img_4816

I'm struggling trying to post pics, but the 1st pic should be where it sat for 25 years. 2nd pic should be 1st time seeing daylight in same amount of time. 3rd pic is the car in my shop for the 1st time. And the last pic is where it still sits after me getting it running this summer. It fired up fairly easily.
Swamp Donkey
Swamp Donkey

Back to top Go down

Hello from Northern BC Empty Re: Hello from Northern BC

Post by JGL Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Looks like your off to a good start but I must say, I ordered my car in 1976, it is a 1976 Dodge Dart Sport(the Demon's replacement) it was a /6 but now has a slightly modified 360 that develops something like 350 HP, I know where it has been, which engine moves the Cuda?
Looks like you have a very nice shop to work in.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Welcome to the site, Swamp Donkey. There a Classic Mopar place here in Ontario, that ships all across Canada. The place is called National Mo-Parts. They have a web site, but if you don't see what you want, just call Nigel, he is the owner and a great guy to deal with. Good luck with your project.

Cherish Yesterday. Dream for Tomorrow. Live for Today.......

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered And Respected
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by GONEFISHIN' Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Welcome from London, ON

Nigel is pretty good at helping - I've been to his yard and if my wife hadn't been waiting for me, I could have spent the whole afternoon just wandering and looking

word of warning - if you are ordering from the States, tell them to ship US Post Office/Canada Post - quite often small stuff slides through with no duty, and if they broker it it's huge cheaper than UPS or Fedex

looks like you should be able to beat your deadline (I bought and started a restore 3 years ago @ 64) and just missed my 65th for the first drive
GONEFISHIN'
GONEFISHIN'

http://www.lylegarrett.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:23 pm

UPS is the worst way to go. Unfortunately I learned the hard way. They make themselves the brokers for you when the parts cross the border and they do not forget to charge you for it.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragtacker Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Welcome to the site. Will second what everyone has said about National Moparts but don`t ask for Nigel he is probably retired now from all my purchases(kidding). Do not ever use UPS for anything coming across the line ever ever ever. Thats a great looking ride I will be following this project. Where abouts north are you?
Ragtacker
Ragtacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Swamp Donkey Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks about the shop JGL, I waited 23 years to be able to afford my shop! Rolling around in the dirt/gravel/snow in my driveway laying on a 4x4 sheet of puck board for that many years, I treated myself to a nice floor surface. I currently have a 340 4-speed but have grand visions of a 6.4L 3rd gen hemi swap.

And everyone else thanks for the tips on shipping and Canadian companies, looks like National Mo-parts will be getting a few of my sheckles! Well probably a lot of my money! I'm hoping between mopac in Edmonton and Mo-parts I hope to get the majority of what I need!

I'm from the Fort St John area of British Columbia.
Swamp Donkey
Swamp Donkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brads70 Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:05 am

Welcome, looks like a nice car ! I've dealt a lot with this company.
http://rosevillemoparts.com/advanced_search_result.php/keywords/e%20body%20console/search_in_description/1/sort/2a/page/6
David Radcliff is who I deal with there. They sponsor another Mopar site I frequent. Great honest people, they know which vendors have the best quality parts. They also know the cheapest way to ship to Canada
( like NOT UPS) Not sure how close you are to the border but I have stuff shipped to a company that give Canadians a US mailing address to ship to and drive down and pick it up myself. That saves a pile in " brokerage fee's"
Brads70
Brads70

Back to top Go down

Post by philcollins Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:56 am

Welcome fron N.B.

Nice shop.
philcollins
philcollins

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:Thanks about the shop JGL,  I waited 23 years to be able to afford my shop!  Rolling around in the dirt/gravel/snow in my driveway laying on a 4x4 sheet of puck board for that many years, I treated myself to a nice floor surface.  I currently have a 340 4-speed but have grand visions of a 6.4L 3rd gen hemi swap.

And everyone else thanks for the tips on shipping and Canadian companies, looks like National Mo-parts will be getting a few of my sheckles!  Well probably a lot of my money!  I'm hoping between mopac in Edmonton and Mo-parts I hope to get the majority of what I need!

I'm from the Fort St John area of British Columbia.  

''Good luck with all the electronics...they can sometimes be a pain in the behind but then again you have the age advantage''.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by rigger3006 Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:17 am

welcome buds, classic mopar guys are rare in these parts. im in tumbler ridge, there are 2 here and i own both of them, 72 demon and 72 duster.there r 2 good body/paint guys in dawson, i believe its dennis black and warren veiner. warren is highly recommended, you can see lots of his handiwork at the dawson car show every year.bumper to bumper in dawson can steer u towards these guys.ask for shawn

rigger3006

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello from the other end of the country, Dieppe, New Brunswick. I own a 76 Dodge Dart Sport. 76 was their last production year and I ordered mine...41 years ago, it was a slant 6 then (a V8 would have not been good for my health). It finally got its 360 which develops 350 HP, about 10 years ago, fun fun fun.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by Swamp Donkey Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Hey thanks Rigger! Did you have your cars at the Dawson car show? There were like over 400 cars there this year! I went for the 1st time this summer. I did hear Warren’s name when I was talking to some of the people there.
Swamp Donkey
Swamp Donkey

Back to top Go down

Post by rigger3006 Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:06 pm

i missed this years show,had to work, i was at the 3 previous, gonna make sure im there next year

rigger3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down