Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you use for a Quick clean and shine

+3
Gazoo
JGL
smoken340
7 posters

Go down

What do you use for a Quick clean and shine Empty What do you use for a Quick clean and shine

Post by smoken340 Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:29 pm

So what product do you guys use for a quick clean and shine when you show your car and you want it to look its best ? Also tell us what it takes to get your best results, and where do you purchase the product that you use.

Cherish Yesterday. Dream for Tomorrow. Live for Today.......

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered And Respected
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

What do you use for a Quick clean and shine Empty Re: What do you use for a Quick clean and shine

Post by JGL Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:18 am

I have used "Mothers Showtime" for a number of years, then switched to "Ice Spray detailer" and now I'm back to "Showtime". Both give a brilliant shine. I also found that "Mothers California Gold with Carnuba Wash & Wax" works very well and gives a super shine but clean the bugs off your car before using it because once they are washed over they are sealed in.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

What do you use for a Quick clean and shine Empty Re: What do you use for a Quick clean and shine

Post by smoken340 Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:40 am

Someone told me the best is Lucas mist. Anyone have experience with this product.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:42 am

No
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:02 am

Can't believe that this has 20 views and no one except J-G, gives their car a quick wipe down with something, when showing it.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:00 am

Where I go, I believe everybody uses elbow grease with something. Some people use real wax and a buffing wheel and some just wash it while some just use a miracle brush...
And then there are those which don't bother with anything.
Maybe when the young ones get off work you'll get some more answers.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazoo Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:32 pm

I used Lucas mist last summer for the first time. It works great, I get the same results as with Mother's or Meguiars' products. The most important factor is the cloth used, I found.

But I don't have black paint, which is less forgiving and would be the best determinating factor as to which product works best.
Gazoo
Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Gazoo wrote:I used Lucas mist last summer for the first time. It works great, I get the same results as with Mother's or Meguiars' products. The most important factor is the cloth used, I found.

But I don't have black paint, which is less forgiving and would be the best determinating factor as to which product works best.

The cloth, I guess that would be my next question. What to use for a cloth.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by blown motor Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 pm

In the winter I give it a polish and wax job with McGuires products. I've used Lucas mist mid summer just to bring it back some. I always use microfibre cloths to bring up the shine and with the mist.
blown motor
blown motor

Back to top Go down

Post by philcollins Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Water and a microfiber cloth. Wax 2 or 3 times a year.
philcollins
philcollins

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:50 pm

I too use the mothers showtime and like that product. I have to admit I only wax once a year (due to laziness) but when I wax I use McGires wax. I buy wax rags that also use a microfiber cloth with the mothers showtime.

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:25 am

There is microfiber and then there is microfiber, like most products there is the cheap stuff and the good stuff. Most times price tells you which is which. You will see that there is the thick ones(which work best) and the not so thick and cheap(like a facecloth). The thicker you can get them, usually the better result you will get and the less effort. Try to stay away from the ones that are like 5 for $2.00 or even 25 for 11.99 they are usually only good for quick clean ups and are like paper towel quality.

Last edited by JGL on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:35 am

philcollins wrote:Water and a microfiber cloth. Wax 2 or 3 times a year.
That is good for somebody who is not lazy and has a good and flexible back.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by JGL Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:40 am

Just to let you all know, mine has never had a real wax job but 3 coats of clear coat sure makes a difference, compared to 1 or sometimes 2 on new cars.
JGL
JGL

Back to top Go down

Post by 68er Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:18 pm

I have a nice TorQ orbital buffer -- I also use to be a Meguire fan but for the last 3 years have switched to Auto Glym .... I use Rapid Detailer for quick shine...

68er
68er

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down