E.L.T.A. Summer Bash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

E.L.T.A. Summer Bash

Post by Churchy on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Sorry for getting this up so late.  Aug 8th 5:00PM to ? 1120 Dundas St, London, On
" />
Here is a video from last year's event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_9uHLdglo

Churchy

Back to top Go down

Re: E.L.T.A. Summer Bash

Post by Gazoo on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Nothing personal Churchy, but that's definitely the last event I would consider marking my calendar for. I've had some bad experiences with some of the members, which the club seems to put on a pedestal...For a club that promotes the "NO GOOFS" clause, they're heading in the wrong direction.

Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:24 pm

First that I've heard of this show.

Cherish Yesterday. Dream for Tomorrow. Live for Today

MOPAR
Massivly Over Powerd And Respected

smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Churchy on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:36 pm

I'm not involved with the club in any way. I helped with the first couple of shows when it was at Hartman's solely. Since the ELTA took over it has definitely changed. I do like the variety of vehicles there. What happened exactly if you don't mind me asking Gazoo?

Churchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazoo on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Churchy wrote:I'm not involved with the club in any way. I helped with the first couple of shows when it was at Hartman's solely. Since the ELTA took over it has definitely changed. I do like the variety of vehicles there. What happened exactly if you don't mind me asking Gazoo?

I don't mind you asking at all, but unlike the fore-mentioned members, I'll hold back on the internet bashing/slander/defamation etc...If you really want to know, I can send you a long PM with details.
Unfortunately, it only takes a couple bad apples to ruin it for everybody else.

The show itself is alright, there's live music (nothing special), there's a few other businesses in the neighborhood that will allow cars to park on there property, so you're parking in the neighborhood, show cars and spectators. Food vendors and washroom facilities are...well, limited.

The proceeds from this show goes where?

Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Churchy on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:05 pm

As far as I know they don't charge anything. At least I've never paid anything. The food vendors are invited and no money is paid out to anyone... that I know of anyways. I'll PM you.

Churchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Churchy on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Yeah I think they have more washrooms available this year. The show is getting big enough they need to start looking for a different location.

Churchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazoo on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Churchy wrote:Yeah I think they have more washrooms available this year.  The show is getting big enough they need to start looking for a different location.

There has been a lot of complaints from the neighborhood, even businesses, so they stress the "5pm" and not before. It's a bit of an odd time of day to start a show. Not so bad if you live around London, I guess.

Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Churchy on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Yes they say 5 because there are some businesses open until 4. Unfortunately no one listens to that. Interestingly the police have been very accommodating with everything. I know they had to do some serious damage control with the local businesses last year. I still believe they need a different venue personally. It has outgrown the area.

Churchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top