Mopar-Eh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Georgetown ON

+3
Keith Mopar
Drache
anlauto
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello from Georgetown ON Empty Hello from Georgetown ON

Post by anlauto Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Most of you guys probably know me already, if you don't then I will introduce myself.
My name is Alan Gallant. I've been restoring Mopars for 30+ years.
Currently I'm restoring cars for a living. Take a moment to check out my web site.
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com Very Happy
anlauto
anlauto

http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Back to top Go down

Hello from Georgetown ON Empty Re: Hello from Georgetown ON

Post by Drache Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Welcome to the site! If you post your company name, city & Province, phone number, website address, and if you want, an email address in the Business section of the forum I'll get you added to the business listing on the website itself.

~Kyle
Drache
Drache
Admin

http://www.mopar-eh.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mopar Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Welcome to the site Alan, you've dome some really nice restorations there!
Keith Mopar
Keith Mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks Drache, I've posted the required info....I'm surprised I wasn't already on the list lol!
anlauto
anlauto

Back to top Go down

Post by Drache Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:43 pm

The site just got up and running today. Only had about three people trying to remember as many places across Canada as we could Very Happy
Drache
Drache
Admin

http://www.mopar-eh.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazoo Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi Allan, nice to see you on a forum. We've met many years ago, and let's just say...you were kinda disappointed, when we met.
This goes back to one of the first Moparfest in New Hamburg, and I'm guessing...maybe your first Mopar build. The 1971 Duster Twister, Bahama Yellow (EL5), with the sunroof.

I'm "the other guy" at the show, that had the 340 Duster in EL5, and I still have it.
Gazoo
Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:03 am

The year would have been 1994. A crazy summer for me. I'd restored several Cudas before, but this was my first "A" Body. A 318 Duster Twister.
I took that car to 19 car shows that summer...I won 19 consecutive first place trophies as well as a couple "Best in Shows" and "Best Display" awards. At that time there were six Mopar magazines and that Duster was featured in four of them. http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/ALAN-IN-PRINT.html
In 1996 I sold the car back to the original owner in Nova Scotia, he probably still has it.

I don't think I've ever been "disappointed" to meet someone with a similar car. In fact if I remember your car correctly, it's a survivor type car with original paint, 340 4spd(?), with Crager mags on it. I probably was checking it out a few times that day spying all the original details. cheers Glad to hear you still have it.
anlauto
anlauto

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazoo Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:19 pm

anlauto wrote:The year would have been 1994. A crazy summer for me. I'd restored several Cudas before, but this was my first "A" Body. A 318 Duster Twister.
I took that car to 19 car shows that summer...I won 19 consecutive first place trophies as well as a couple "Best in Shows" and "Best Display" awards. At that time there were six Mopar magazines and that Duster was featured in four of them. http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/ALAN-IN-PRINT.html
In 1996 I sold the car back to the original owner in Nova Scotia, he probably still has it.

I don't think I've ever been "disappointed" to meet someone with a similar car. In fact if I remember your car correctly, it's a survivor type car with original paint, 340 4spd(?), with Crager mags on it. I probably was checking it out a few times that day spying all the original details. cheers Glad to hear you still have it.

That's the one!
Gazoo
Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by 71ScatPac Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Gazoo wrote:Hi Allan, nice to see you on a forum. We've met many years ago, and let's just say...you were kinda disappointed, when we met.
This goes back to one of the first Moparfest in New Hamburg, and I'm guessing...maybe your first Mopar build. The 1971 Duster Twister, Bahama Yellow (EL5), with the sunroof.

I'm "the other guy" at the show, that had the 340 Duster in EL5, and I still have it.

All about EL5!!!! I remember that Duster well!!

Hello from Georgetown ON Img_0414

Last edited by 71ScatPac on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : insert pic)
71ScatPac
71ScatPac

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Yup...Used to live in Mt. Nemo at the time so I drove it everywhere around Waterdown, Burlington, etc...1994-97
anlauto
anlauto

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:12 am

anlauto wrote:Yup...Used to live in Mt. Nemo at the time so I drove it everywhere around Waterdown, Burlington, etc...1994-97

Mt. Nemo Mopars (Club) Ever go to Wimpey's Diner on Plains rd?

Woodie

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:49 am

I was the founder, president and CEO of  "The Mount Nemo Mopar Association" lol!

There were about 40 people with the Black/blue jackets....We used to cruise all over the place I'm sure we hit Wimpey's Diner on Plains rd more then once...

Ahhh the good ol' days...You're talking late 80's early 90's...a life time ago
anlauto
anlauto

Back to top Go down

Post by 71ScatPac Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 am

anlauto wrote:I was the founder, president and CEO of  "The Mount Nemo Mopar Association" lol!

There were about 40 people with the Black/blue jackets....We used to cruise all over the place I'm sure we hit Wimpey's Diner on Plains rd more then once...

Bill White must still have his Jacket!
71ScatPac
71ScatPac

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Can't remember if Bill got one, maybe Mike Balzer...
Bill White was responsible for getting me "into" Mopars by giving me my first Cuda back in about 1984-85. We grew up together living on the same street, but I haven't seen him in years...Don't think he had a Mopar when we were running around wearing those jackets...his hands were full of babies by then.
anlauto
anlauto

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:08 pm

71ScatPac wrote:
anlauto wrote:I was the founder, president and CEO of  "The Mount Nemo Mopar Association" lol!

Bill White must still have his Jacket!

Oh yes you guys did. I was real Mopar kid ever science 1984, when my older brother's best friend owned a 69 Dart and would drive me to school on Plains road. He would put that Plumb Crazy Dart through 3 gears and I would watch the Tach hit 6500rpm through all 3 of the 727's cogs, He used to tell me there wasn't a car the "Fletcher Brothers" built or touched that could run him down.. I use to ride my bike down to Wimpey's and ask all kinds of questions and dream about owning a Purple Dart. Thanks for the walk down memory lane... I have a picture of me with Mike's Dart from 1985 or 86. I was 11 years old and left with a life long impression that is as clear today as it was in 84.

Woodie

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Woodie, you should post that picture if you can dig it up. It would be cool to see an old Mopar, from back in the day.

Cherish Yesterday. Dream for Tomorrow. Live for Today.......

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered And Respected
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by 71ScatPac Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:12 pm

anlauto wrote:Can't remember if Bill got one, maybe Mike Balzer...
Bill White was responsible for getting me "into" Mopars by giving me my first Cuda back in about 1984-85. We grew up together living on the same street, but I haven't seen him in years...Don't think he had a Mopar when we were running around wearing those jackets...his hands were full of babies by then.
Bill is MtNemoMopar on FABO. He had one of the nicest 69 Darts I've ever seen. He sold it to George Bozer about a year ago. George has some very nice BBodies. Its a very tight Mopar community out here. You should come out to Clappisons one Friday night in the Summer Alan!
71ScatPac
71ScatPac

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:22 pm

71ScatPac wrote:
anlauto wrote:Can't remember if Bill got one, maybe Mike Balzer...
Bill is MtNemoMopar on FABO. He had one of the nicest 69 Darts I've ever seen. He sold it to George Bozer about a year ago. George has some very nice BBodies. Its a very tight Mopar community out here. You should come out to Clappisons one Friday night in the Summer Alan!
Phill Balzar has a sweet Plymouth as well, A real good bunch of people.

Woodie

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:42 pm

71ScatPac wrote:You should come out to Clappisons one Friday night in the Summer Alan!

Is that the car show that I hear them talk about on the radio station oldies 1150 ?

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by anlauto Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:54 pm

George, Phil, Randy are all classified in my books as uncles, they have been since I was about 5 years old...I grew up with all of them, and still call them uncle today 45 years later....

This is the first I hear of the Clappson's show ....

On another note....Anybody see Tom Cox's picture in this months MCG Razz
anlauto
anlauto

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Great cruise night, Canadian Tire parking lot. The Balzar brothers moved up to Wasaga beach.. I've seen George in his 340 4-speed Dart in the SNOW!! one crazy sumbich.

Woodie

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:17 pm

So for those of us that aren't that familiar with Clappisons, where is the Canadian Tire located, and what are the hours of the show ? I've only been to the antique place at Clappisons corners and that was about 3 years ago.

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:23 pm

smoken340 wrote:So for those of us that aren't that familiar with Clappisons, where is the Canadian Tire located, and what are the hours of the show ? I've only been to the antique place at Clappisons corners and that was about 3 years ago.

Friday afternoons, 4:30pm till dark. Then a cruise to Hamilton street & #5 Tim Horton's. its a nice way to kick off the weekend!

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.3174951,-79.9100548,16z

Woodie

Back to top Go down

Post by smoken340 Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Starting time is a little early for me. How long do you guys stay at the Canadian tire ?

MOPAR
smoken340
smoken340

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodie Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:59 pm

smoken340 wrote:Starting time is a little early for me. How long do you guys stay at the Canadian tire ?
I don't get there often.. maybe two or three times a year. The last few times I got there around 7:00pm and it was a good turn out. Skyway Plaza on Thursday night is awesome, its at Burloak and Lakeshore. I go to Hutch's on the beach on Mondays twice a month and take the kids for dinner. Hutch's is most likely the one you hear on Oldies 1150am its 2 minutes from house. lots of Mopars as well.

Woodie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next